Expand my Community achievements bar.

checkbox while tabbing

Former Community Member

hi,

I am working on Adobe Livecycle Designer 11. there is one questionare section. while tabbing if i check the Yes option,

an alert box pops in. If I tab to the next option(NO checkbox) and click  it, then ideally the previously checked "YES"

checkbox shoulld get unchecked but it does not. In the No section there is one "WARNING" message box. until I don't click it, the "check" mark on YES checkbox does not get unchecked.

Please suggest me the solution.

2 Replies

Level 3

Checkboxes do not automatically uncheck each other--check boxes are generally used for "Check all that apply" situations. If you want mutually exclusive checkboxes, the easiest solution is to use Radio buttons. You can configure the radio buttons to look just like the check boxes, but they will automatically uncheck the other.

The other option is to use the action builder or code to make the check boxes behave the way you want.

Level 1

Here are a couple of methods to try out.

Method 1: JavaScript

Add the following script to the change event of each checkbox.

if(this.rawValue == 1)

{

NameOfCheckBoxToUncheck.rawValue = 0;

}

Method 2

1. Make sure both checkboxes have the same name

2. Set the Data Binding field on the Binding tab of the Object properties to Use global data.

3. Set the On Value to be unique for each of the checkboxes ie. On Value = Yes for the yes checkbox and On Value = No for the no checkbox.

The nice thing about setting up checkboxes to be mutually exclusive over radio button is you can deselect a choice whereas you can't deselect any of the radio buttons in the group. You can also tab through each checkbox unlike radio buttons where you tab to the radio button group and use arrow keys to cycle through each radio button in the group.