Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Change subform presence based on pageCount?

Level 2

I am losing my mind here! There's got to be a way to do this:

Trying to restrict the total number of pages in a dynamic form with a repeating subform.

• The "Restrict Page Occurrence" option on the Master Page object tab does not work properly because of the repeating subform in the form.
  • I have two master pages. MasterPage1 is the first page of the document and MasterPage2 is pages 2+.
  • The form starts off as 1 page and if the user creates a few instances of the repeating subform, it'll automatically flow onto master page #2.
  • I created two buttons at the end of the form, each within their own subforms.
    • subform1.SubmitButton1 the actual Submit button and its presence should be "visible" if the total document page count is equal to or less than 3.
    • subform2.SubmitButton2 is a fake submit button set up with an error message on its click event and its presence should be set to "visible" if the total document page count is greater than 3 (it should be hidden otherwise).

I cannot for the life of me get the presence of these subforms to work! I'm not sure if I put code on the PageCount item on master page #2, or on the subform1 and subform2... 

Here's what I was trying:

if (xfa.layout.pageCount>3){

Page1.subform1.SubmitButton1.presence = "hidden";

Page1.subform2.SubmitButton2.presence = "visible";

} else {

Page1.subform1.SubmitButton1.presence = "visible";   

Page1.subform2.SubmitButton2.presence = "hidden";  

}

Where am I going wrong? Thanks for any help you can provide!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I figured it out! Here was the solution:

I wrapped my two buttons (Submit and fake submit) in a subform called "buttons". (Without wrapping them in the subform the functionality still worked but the buttons ended up at the top of page 1 instead of at the end of the form.)

Then I put this Javascript in the layout:ready event of SubmitButton1 (the real submit button):

if (xfa.layout.pageCount()>3) {

Page1.buttons.SubmitButton1.presence = "hidden";

}

else {

Page1.buttons.SubmitButton1.presence = "visible";

}

And I put this Javascript in the layout:ready event of SubmitButton2 (the fake submit button):

Page1.buttons.SubmitButton2.presence = "visible";

}

else {

Page1.buttons.SubmitButton2.presence = "hidden";

}

The presence of both buttons is set to "Hidden" in the Object - Field tab.

On the click event of SubmitButton2 I have this JavaScript:

xfa.host.messageBox("Per the instructions on page 1 of this form, this document must be no longer than 3 pages. Please delete some text from the document before you submit it so that it is 3 pages or less or else it will be rejected."

, "Exceeded Allowed Number of Pages", 1);

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

I figured it out! Here was the solution:

I wrapped my two buttons (Submit and fake submit) in a subform called "buttons". (Without wrapping them in the subform the functionality still worked but the buttons ended up at the top of page 1 instead of at the end of the form.)

Then I put this Javascript in the layout:ready event of SubmitButton1 (the real submit button):

Page1.buttons.SubmitButton1.presence = "hidden";

}

else {

Page1.buttons.SubmitButton1.presence = "visible";

}

And I put this Javascript in the layout:ready event of SubmitButton2 (the fake submit button):

Page1.buttons.SubmitButton2.presence = "visible";

}

else {

Page1.buttons.SubmitButton2.presence = "hidden";

}

The presence of both buttons is set to "Hidden" in the Object - Field tab.

On the click event of SubmitButton2 I have this JavaScript:

xfa.host.messageBox("Per the instructions on page 1 of this form, this document must be no longer than 3 pages. Please delete some text from the document before you submit it so that it is 3 pages or less or else it will be rejected."

, "Exceeded Allowed Number of Pages", 1);