Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Change AMF-Polling-Interval in LiveCycle Workspace

Level 1

Hello,

Is it possible to change the polling-interval for the amfpolling-channel in LiveCycle Workspace?
Or just disable polling?

The default polling-interval is about 3 seconds to the url /workspace-server/messagebroker/amfpolling

Many thanks for any hint.

Kind regards,
Michel

2 Replies

Level 3

Hi,

As far as I know there is a file service-config.xml available at LiveCycle_ES_SDK/misc/Process_Management/Workspace/adobe-workspace-src.

In this config file once can configure polling interval.

<channel-definition id="secure-workspace-polling-amf" class="mx.messaging.channels.SecureAMFChannel">
            <endpoint uri="https://{server.name}:{server.port}/workspace-server/messagebroker/amfsecurepolling"
                class="flex.messaging.endpoints.SecureAMFEndpoint"/>
            <properties>
                <polling-enabled>true</polling-enabled>
                <polling-interval-seconds>8</polling-interval-seconds>
                <add-no-cache-headers>false</add-no-cache-headers>
            </properties>
        </channel-definition>
        <channel-definition id="workspace-polling-amf" class="mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel">
            <endpoint uri="http://{server.name}:{server.port}/workspace-server/messagebroker/amfpolling"
                class="flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint"/>
            <properties>
                <polling-enabled>true</polling-enabled>
                <polling-interval-seconds>8</polling-interval-seconds>
            </properties>
        </channel-definition>
    </channels>

Please try modifying this file. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Level 1

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I have modified the services-config.xml in LiveCycle_ES_SDK/misc/Process_Management/Workspace/adobe-workspace-src as you described.
Unfortunately without success.

We are using a customized LiveCycle Workspace.
I have modified the polling-interval value in the following services-config.xml files:

• The services-config.xml in the root directory of the LiveCycle Worskace SDK source (in FlexBuilder)
  • The services-config.xml on the server in the directory \LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\DataServices\Server-Configuration and referred to it in the core settings of the LiveCycle-Administration (adminui)

And the Workspace (the customized and the original one) is still polling every 3 seconds.

Is the polling used for the QueueSharing functionality? Is it possible to disable this feature?

Many thanks!

Michel