Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Change a variable to a dynamic variable for a sub-process

Former Community Member

Hello,

I am working on a process "TestA" that calls sub-process "TestB" where each of them currently have a variable "formVar" that was configured with a "xfaform" to call a specific form. Currently every time, developers want to use that sub-process "TestB" they have to make a copy of it then have to go the sub-process "TestB" to change that "formVar" to point to their form. So if the "TestB" is modified/updated then they have to their copy to also update it. This seem to be a time consuming for keeping track of it.
My question: Is there a way to make a sub-process "TestB" to use as a standard one with a dynamic variable so the developer can just use it as a service without having a concern of keeping track of whether it updates or not.  Or even it is updated, it won't affect process "TestA' or other process that currenlty use that sub-process.
Can any one please adivse.
Thanks,
Han Dao
2 Replies

Level 3

If you keep the "formvar" variable empty inside of "Testb" and populate

it when you call the service you can fill that variable with anything you need.  Whether it been a var

iable from "Testa" or any other form that is in resources by populating the "formvar" with a literal

value.  I think that is what you are asking but your question was a little confusing.

~Josh

Former Community Member

I think you answered my question.

Thanks Josh,

Han