Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Cant preview in Designer ES2

Former Community Member

Hi All,

Went through a mandatory OS upgrade to Windows 7 along with several other updates. Since then, I can get into LC ES2 and open my forms but when I try to preview I get an error then LC shuts down. Anyone have any experieince fixing this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi All,

Just posting up an FYI on this issue.

My tech support guy found so info online pointing to Reader contributing to the problem. We did an Uninstall and then reinsatlled reader. We had recently upgrader reader to XI.

Preview now works in LC.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

try to register Acrobat as your default PDF viewer again.

Open Acrobat and goto Edit > Preferences.

In the General tab, click on "Select Default PDF Handler", choose your current Acrobat version and click the button "Apply".

Former Community Member

radzmar, thanks for the response. I tried that this morning and it did not work. Still getting the same error/crash.

Any other suggestions?

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi All,

Just posting up an FYI on this issue.

My tech support guy found so info online pointing to Reader contributing to the problem. We did an Uninstall and then reinsatlled reader. We had recently upgrader reader to XI.

Preview now works in LC.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----