Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

cant get hidden script to work

Level 3

Okay I have searched and searched some more and am beginning to wonder if maybe my liveCycle program is defective for some reason. I have looked over the scripting guide for liveCycle and see that the script for hiding an object goes like this

mytextfield.presence = "hidden";

I am trying to use the script in a radio button (yes and no) to hide the text field if no is selected within the subform containing the question. but for some reason I cannot get the hidden script to work. I want the caption to become hidden as well. But when I use "invisible" instead of "hidden" the text input area is not selectable for user input when testing the form in acrobat. Am I going about this the wrong way? Or is the "hidden" command just not working in my copy of liveCycle. Thanks for any help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I am guessing that it is not your version of LC Designer - there are a few settings you will have to make. Here is a sample.

Have a look at the script in the click event of the radio button group.

Also have a look at the File / Form Properties / Defaults: you should have the save script changes set to automatic:

Parallels Desktop6.png

Lastly, making objects appear and disappear is a dynamic feature and means that you will have to save your forms as a Dynamic XML Form:

Parallels Desktop7.png

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I am guessing that it is not your version of LC Designer - there are a few settings you will have to make. Here is a sample.

Have a look at the script in the click event of the radio button group.

Also have a look at the File / Form Properties / Defaults: you should have the save script changes set to automatic:

Parallels Desktop6.png

Lastly, making objects appear and disappear is a dynamic feature and means that you will have to save your forms as a Dynamic XML Form:

Parallels Desktop7.png

Hope that helps,

Niall