Expand my Community achievements bar.

Cannot login to Rights Management ES, please help.

Level 2

Hello, I installed LiveCycle ES on my server and I'm able to login to the Administration console, Workspace ES, and Reader Extension pages.  However, I'm not able to login to the Rights Management ES End User Web application using the specified URL in the documentation. http://myserver:port/edu

Can somebody tell me how I can access it? I tried going into the administration section by adding this role to my user, but whenever I try to login to the Rights Management ES end user web application, it says I don' t have the correct login and password, which is the same login credentials as those other LiveCycle ES applications.

Please advise.

Thank you.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

You cannot login to the RM end user web console with the default Administrator account.  Try creating a new user LiveCycle user in a LiveCycle domain and make sure you assign them the "LiveCycle Rights Management End User" role.

Try logging in as the new user.

Also, the URL is actually http://servername:port/edc

Regards

Steve

Level 2

Thanks for the reply, Steve.

Actually, I created a new user in the Administration page and assigned this new user only the Rights Management End User role, however, when I look at this new user's list of roles, I see a list of multiple roles automatically assigned.  Here are the roles that are listed for this new user, eventhough I only assigned 1 role. Why is that?:

Application AdministratorMembers may perform all tasks under Workbench ES or the LiveCycle Administration Console needed to design and deploy applications made up of Processes and Forms on this SystemImmutable
Services UserMembers can view and invoke any LiveCycle ServiceImmutable
LiveCycle Workflow Process AdministratorThis is a Deprecated LiveCycle 7.x Role - Do not useImmutable
LiveCycle Workflow Process DeveloperThis is a Deprecated LiveCycle 7.x Role - Do not useImmutable
Resource AdministratorMembers may use LiveCycle Workbench to create and modify Forms and their associated collateralImmutable
LiveCycle Rights Management Invite UserMembers of this role can invite userImmutable
LiveCycle Workspace AdministratorMembers have access to all administrative functionality in the LiveCycle Workspace Administration ConsoleImmutable
LiveCycle Rights Management AdministratorMembers of this role perform all tasks necessary for all server configurations in the Rights Management Services UI in Admin Console.Immutable
LiveCycle Filenet Connector AdministratorMembers can view and modify IBM FileNet Connector Configuration settings.Immutable
Reader Extensions Web ApplicationEnables a user to use the Reader Extensions web application.Immutable
Security AdministratorMembers control all User Manager Settings and manage Users & Groups within any User Manager DomainImmutable
Output AdministratorMembers can view and modify LiveCycle Output settingsImmutable
Document Services AdministratorMembers perform all administration tasks in the Central Administration Console for all Document Services on this SystemImmutable
Trust AdministratorMembers control the PKI Trust settings and manage PKI Credentials used by Document ServicesImmutable
LiveCycle Rights Management Super AdministratorMembers of this role perform all tasks necessary in the Rights Management Services UI in Admin Console.Immutable
Process AdministratorMembers may use LiveCycle Workbench or Archive Administration Console to create and deploy Processes containing references to FormsImmutable
Super AdministratorMembers have access to all administrative functionality on this System including Document ServicesImmutable
PDFG AdministratorMembers have access to all administrative functionality on LiveCycle PDF Generator ESMutable
LiveCycle Rights Management Manage Invited and Local UsersMembers of this role can perform tasks necessary to manage all invited and local users in the Rights Management Services UI in Admin ConsoleImmutable
PDFG UserMembers have access to all non administrative functionality of LiveCycle PDF Generator ESMutable
LiveCycle Documentum Connector AdministratorMembers can view and modify Documentum Connector Configuration and Repository credential settings.Immutable
LiveCycle Rights Management Policy Set AdministratorMembers of this role perform all tasks necessary for all policy sets in the Rights Management Services UI in Admin Console.Immutable
Administration Console UserMembers may log on to the LiveCycle Administration ConsoleImmutable
LiveCycle Rights Management End UserMembers of this role can access Rights Management End User ConsoleImmutable
LiveCycle Workspace UserMembers can log into the LiveCycle Workspace end user applicationImmutable
Forms Administrator

Former Community Member

I have no idea, the behaviour you experienced should not occur.  I have never had this problem when I have created users and assigned roles.

Have you tried assigning the role to a second user?  Does the same behaviour occur?

Regards

Steve