Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can you set the max number of pages a dynamic form can have?

Level 1

I have a customer who wants their 6 page dynamic form not to exceed 10 pages. Can you do this with livecycle designer?

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

If you select the Master Page and go to the Pagination tab. Tick restrict page occurrence and tick max.

Master page.png

Good luck,

Niall

Level 1

Thanks Niall for your quick reply, but I already have restrict page occurrence set (min count1, max count 10). The form has multiple text fields with the height set to expand to fit. Sometime users get over zealous and the form grows from 6 pages to well over the 10 page limit. Do you have anymore suggestions?

Level 10

Ahh, clearly spoke too soon...

I just tried not allowing page breaks in content, but that doesn't work well. Also tried wrapping each field in its own flowed subform.

Looking at it now, a flowed subform/page doesn't seem to be counted against the page occurrences.

A crude workaround, would be to have an app.alert when the user exceeds the stated max. number of pages.

if (xfa.layout.pageCount() == 2)

{

app.alert("Hmmm, you seem to have a lot to say! \n\nCould you try and trim your responses a bit? \n\n\nThanks!");

}

If you do this, I would suggest that there is static text at the top of the form advising the user to be brief and to not exceed 6 pages.

Sorry I couldn't of help,

Niall