Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Can't add a new column to LCD table? Option there, just wont add it.

Level 2

I have a LCD form with a table in it. Im trying to simply add a new column to the table. The option is there but the column just wont appear after clicking add Column to Left. I selected a column, right clicked the space > Insert > Column to left. But wont intsert. The table object properties tab shows rows and colum numbers but they are grayed out.

See screenshots:

http://www.emermed.net/staging/forums...

http://www.emermed.net/staging/forums...

This is a dynamic table where a new row can be inserted using a button. Is that dynamic nature the issue? Id hate to undo all the dynamic flow and programming just to add a column then reapply everything.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You don't add columns in the Object > Table palette (Screenshot 2). I suspect that the problem is that there is not enough on the page (within the content area) to actually add the column. In Screenshot 1, if you look at the width of the highlighted column versus the space available to the right of the table, you will see that a column cannot be added due to space restrictions.

Reduce the width of the highlighted column (temporarily), then add a column. Once added, you can resize the columns to match the page width.

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You don't add columns in the Object > Table palette (Screenshot 2). I suspect that the problem is that there is not enough on the page (within the content area) to actually add the column. In Screenshot 1, if you look at the width of the highlighted column versus the space available to the right of the table, you will see that a column cannot be added due to space restrictions.

Reduce the width of the highlighted column (temporarily), then add a column. Once added, you can resize the columns to match the page width.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 2

Thanks again.  I mistakenly made the assumption it would be like Microsoft Word and force a column in there even if it was tiny, or even forced table off page or out of margins.