Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can I use "Adobe X Pro" to debug the java code in adobe forms?

Level 2

HI,

Can I use "Adobe X Pro" to debug the java code in adobe forms?, if not how do i debug the java code written in the adobe form.

5 Replies

Former Community Member

If you have Acrobat X installed, it will be used to preview the PDF Formm when you use the PDF Preview view\tab in the Adobe Designer.  When the form is in "PDF Preview" mode, use the key combination CTRL + J to bring up the Acrobat JavaScript debugger window.

Regards

Steve

Level 2

I have the adobe acrobat x evaluation version installed, please find the print shot attached, I have pressed CTRL+J in the preview mode, but nothing came up.

adobejava.png

Am I doing something wrong..

Former Community Member

Do you also have Reader installed on the same machine?  If so, make sure Acrobat is set to be the defult PDF viewer.  It could be that Reader is being used as the PDF preview application.

Regards

Steve

Level 2

I have removed the Adobe acrobat reader, now all my pdf files open in "adobe X pro", but still in SFP t-code I don't get the debugger when I pres CTRL+J. Is there any settings I need to do.

Level 10

To start the debugging mode for your scripts, you need to enter the "debugger" keyword.

Add it in front of your scripts you want to debug in the Javascript console.