Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Can I restrict users from saving over the original file?

Level 2

Good Afternoon,

I have LiveCycle and used it to create a service work order for our company. Office staff utilize the original (blank) version of this work order PDF and fill in the required information for each new customer. When done, they are supposed to 'save as' in a folder for that specific customer. Unfortunately, I sometimes find that a staff member will accidentally save over the original file, requiring me to manually clear the form and re-save. Bottom line, I want to find a way to setup the original PDF so that it cannot be saved, only saved as. I can only imagine that this is not a unique request, is there a way to do this in LiveCycle or Adobe Pro x?

2 Replies

Level 10

The only way to do it would be to make the file read only on the users computer.

You could ad a reset button to the form so it is easily cleared.

Level 2

Thanks for the fast reply. The original file (template, I guess?) is pulled from an encrypted server on our network and is not physically located on any individual computer. That being the case, is there any other options? I don't think I can make it read only from the server...