Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can I costumize the lccs.swc?

Level 2

Hi,

I need some modifications in lccs.swc (for example: change audio icon and UserItemRenderer in HorizontalRoster, TextInput height in SimpleChat). Can i modify from src and generate a new swc? If it's possible, how?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Yes you can do that. We have provided you all the client side LCCS source. So you can build your swc using compc utility in Flex SDK or build a library project in Flash Builder.

The other thing you can do is, we have layers of inheritance. So you can build your own custom component by extending the base component class .Also from what you are doing, you can always use your custom item renderer instead of UserItemRenderer.

LCCS client is a well architected code in my opinion, making it very flexible.

Thanks

Arun

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Yes you can do that. We have provided you all the client side LCCS source. So you can build your swc using compc utility in Flex SDK or build a library project in Flash Builder.

The other thing you can do is, we have layers of inheritance. So you can build your own custom component by extending the base component class .Also from what you are doing, you can always use your custom item renderer instead of UserItemRenderer.

LCCS client is a well architected code in my opinion, making it very flexible.

Thanks

Arun

Level 2

Hi Arun,

I have one more problem: How I use custom SimpleChatModel in custom SimpleChat? I need the seconds in the timestamp.

Thanks!