Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can a user with only the Reader use an XFA Submit Button?

Level 1

I have seen numerous postings stating that a Submit button on an XFA form will not work.  I believe this may be a widespread problem.  I posted this message on the Reader forum, and someone suggested I also post it here.

The symptoms are as follows:

1. The form is a Designer form (sometimes referred to as an "XFA form") that contains either an HTTP Submit or an Email Submit button.  (It is not a submit button that would send the entire form.  I know that only works with Reader Extensions.)

2. The Submit button works fine if the user has Adobe Professional (bundle of products incluting Acrobat and LifeCycle Designer) installed.

3. The Submit button does not work if the user only has the Adobe Reader installed.

Our users first reported this problem in October, and we have been attempting to determine what changed in our system to make this happen.

The forms were created using Designer version 9.  

On Windows 7 and Windows XP test PCs we have tried various versions of the Reader X and get the same results with all of them.

We primarily use Internet Explorer as a browser.

I will admit that I have not read all of the release notes for all versions of Reader X.  And I am not even sure if this is a Reader problem.

Please let me know if you are having this problem, and, if you have any thoughts on how to solve it I would very much like to hear from you.

0 Replies