Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Calculation fields need to hide $0 and 0% fields when null

Level 2

Adobe Live Cycle Designer 8.0

I have my Before DIR% calculated by dividing (TotalDebts/TotalIncome*100) and have it show up as a percentage (ie 26% OR  31% instead of .26 or .31). I need it to show up blank if there isnt anything going on. Same for "After DIR" and "% Unsec to Inc". I also have another from with the same exact problem but it calculates a $0. How would make these 0's show up blank when no calculation is currenlty happening?  I am trying to get them to show up as blank so if needed I could print out the form and hand write it and NOT have the 0% show up.

Capture.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

It is the Display Pattern option. Try putting "null{}|zero{}|num{zz9'%'}" as your Display Pattern. It should work.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

If you set the Pattern display on the calculated cell to allow zeros and/or null then if both of the numericFields are 0, then the calculated cell is blank; not 0. Just select the calculated cell that has the 0, then in the Object tab select the Field tab, and there should be a "Patterns" button you can click. Select "Display" from the drop down box after hitting "Patterns", and then check the fields "Allow Empty" and/or "Allow Zero". Should not display the 0 once you have those set.

Level 2

In my LiveCycle, I don't have those options.... is there another way to get to that menu?

Capture.JPG

Correct answer by
Level 4

It is the Display Pattern option. Try putting "null{}|zero{}|num{zz9'%'}" as your Display Pattern. It should work.

Level 2

That is exactly what I needed. Thank you very much. That is also much simpler than I was trying to make it.... =)

Level 10

Are you using an old version of Designer? It's odd that you don't have all the options on the Field tab.

Level 2

Yes I was using LiveCycle 8.0 instead of the updated version.