Expand my Community achievements bar.

Calculating Time

Level 1

I'm having problems calculating time (in base 10) on a form in LiveCycle Designer ES  Ver 8.2.1.
Form purpose:  Overtime Time Sheet.  User enters start and end date/time values. Form auto calculates time worked and displays results per entry as a number rounded to the next tenth of an hour (i.e., 2.3).  Overtime is paid in tenth of an hour increments.
Form Layout preferences:
- Arrange fields in a 3-column table
- StartDateTime and EndDateTime displayed in the pattern:  mm/dd/yy HHMM (no colon between hours and minutes)
- TimeWorked to be a Calculated Read Only field that subtracts StartDateTime from EndDateTime.  Result is rounded up and displayed to the next tenth of an hour (base 10).  That is, for minutes 01-06, round up to and display as '.1' (one tenth); for minutes 07-12, '.2', and so on.  For minutes 55-60, round up and add 1 hour and display minutes as '.0'.  For 00 minutes when not equal to or greater than 60 minutes (i.e., 00 min - 00 min), do not add 1 hour but display as '.0'.   (Note:  The calculated time worked per table row on this form will never exceed 23.9 [23 hours 54 minutes]).

I've tried setting TimeWorked to both Numeric (base 10) and Date/Time field and have tried using a number of pattern options, but have not been successful with consistently correct results.

Any assistance with correct syntax would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul..H

0 Replies