Expand my Community achievements bar.

Button to transfer user Text Field input into different Text Field

Level 2

I am creating a form for meeting minutes.  It has two flowable tables titled Old Business and New Business.  I want to be able to creat a button that will transfer the user input for New Business to Old Business and clear out the input for New Business.  This way the next meeting the notes from the pervious New Business table will be moved over to Old Business.

Example:

Minutes would be taken.

Untitled-1.jpg

Form would be saved and then,

click on the "Button" that would move New Business to Old Business, and do a SaveAs for the next committee meeting.

Untitled-2.jpg

2 Replies

Former Community Member

You woudl have to Export the data from one form and Import it into the other. You cannot automate this fully. You can add a button for export and import that woudl use these commands:

Export - xfa.host.exportData("", false);

Import - xfa.host.imortData();

You cannot automate this fully as you cannot supply a filename (the user must pick it) for security reasons. Note that because you are only dealing with data, Reader can be used without Reader Extending the form.

paul

Level 2

What if I made 4 different Script buttons;

• Save;
  • Old Business = New Business;
  • Rest New Business;
  • SaveAs;

I have the scipts down for Save, and SaveAs but I am runing into trouble with "Old=New" and "Rest New Business"

For the "Old=New" I have this in FormCalc, but this will only make the first Row equal.  I'm not sure how to make this script work if I was to add another line?? I have the button down to add and remove rows but I'm not sure how to handle the information in the second and onward rows?

form1.Sub1.CommitteeReport.Table1.Row1.Subform2.Discussion

= form1.Sub1.CommitteeReport.Table2.Row1.Subform2.Discussion

;

For the "Rest New Business", I have this in JavaScript, but this clears the whole form and I need it to clear just the New Business Table.

xfa.host.resetData();

Thank you for your help.

Untitled-1.jpg