Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Button email for xml and pdf

Former Community Member

Good afternoon,

I recently inherited an Adobe LiveCycle form and have been searching the forum for about a week with no luck on a particular problem.

I am attempting to set up my ‘Submit Button’ to generate an email that includes both the xml and pdf as an attachment.  After reading the XFA manual, I can only do one or the other, not both.

I need both file types in case the import xml fails on my local database; the emailed receiver could still view the data via pdf.

Keep in mind most of my end-users do not have adobe pro.

I know I could set up a control to take the xml data and fill the pdf, but for the non-savvy computer users, I am attempting to make it a one stop shop by having both the xml and pdf in the same email.

This is my first post; please correct me if I am presenting the information wrong.

Thanks in advance!

To add on to the question:

event.target.submitForm({cURL:"mailto:" +  "email@email.com" +"?subject="+"Request for action " + "&body=Please find attached..." ,cSubmitAs:"XML",cCharset:"utf-8"});

event.target.submitForm({cURL:"mailto:" +  "email@email.com" +"?subject="+"Request for action " + "&body=Please find attached..." ,cSubmitAs:"PDF",cCharset:"utf-8"});

This results in 2 seperate emails, when all I need is a single email with two attachments. Is there a way to do this?

1 Reply

Former Community Member

If it is not possible for the two attachments, could you somehow capture "&body=Please find attached..." to include a html capture of the pdf file and place in the body?