Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Built in Pod's language settings

Level 1

Hi

Is there a way to change the labels and texts of built in pod's?

For example

I want to change simple chat pod "Send" button label, with "Submit"

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Also verify that you have changed in every place the label to be safe on this.

And subclassing is just like you subclass a class in OOP. All our methods are protected, so you won't have any problem. You shouldn't ideally change in the source file itself rather subclass and change it there.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi,

One quick way is to subsclass the pods and change whichever strings you want.

A better solution requiring more effort would be to have your language xml file defining the strings. The infrastructure of localization already exists in LCCS ( you can see strings are mostly called using localization manager's getInstance function). See the source code of player 9 to find Localization classes in com.adobe.rtc.coreUI.localization . But we don't support them. In case you want to write your own language xml files to define localized strings, you should be good. Check on web how you can do localization for a flex app in general.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

Thanks for your reply Hironmay,

I don't know subsclassing the pods could you please tell me how can i do that.

For example I'm editing the string "Start My Camera" in WebCamera.as file but when the file is compiled there is no change in this label.

Thanks

Employee

Hi,

Can you double check the way you are setting the string? Can you confirm that you are not using the _lm.getString method

_startStopBtn.label = _lm.getString("Custom Start My Camera label");  and the right way should be

_startStopBtn.label = "Custom Start My Camera"

Thanks

Arun

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Also verify that you have changed in every place the label to be safe on this.

And subclassing is just like you subclass a class in OOP. All our methods are protected, so you won't have any problem. You shouldn't ideally change in the source file itself rather subclass and change it there.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----