Expand my Community achievements bar.

Background of date field

Level 1

Hi,

I am creating a simple form and which is completed in pen and posted to my company.

When creating a date field, I would like there to be a comb of 8 characters with DD/MM/YYYY in a light font in the background of the date field. I am having difficulty doing this so any help would be much appreciated in how to achieve this.

Thanks,

John

3 Replies

Level 10

I don't think you'll be able to do this as it's a comb which is a numeric field and you can't enter letters.

I would use a caption and/or tooltip.

You could get fancy with some scripting and layered objects...maybe put a text field behind the comb with the letters with the comb field set to transparent so you can see through it. Then on the enter event of the comb you could hide the text object that is behind or change the background of the comb to white to hide the letters.

I can think of another way too but it would require a lot of scripting.

Level 10

Hi,

You could select the date field and go to the patterns in the Object > Field tab. Then tick allow null and set a pattern to ddmmyyyy.

Parallels Desktop1.png

If the form is going to be used electronically, then there is script in the enter and exit events to change the font style.

Sample here: https://acrobat.com/#d=Gh8bh5*EjY0NQFMPZ8SHyg

Good luck,

Niall