Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Automatically populating numerical data

Level 1

This is a complicated question (I think!), and frankly, is waaay beyond my level of understanding of online forms. I've created an online membership enrollment form wuth LiveCycle Designer, and need to have one section of the form automatically display a pre-defined dollar figure depending upon the user's response to an earlier question. To make it easier, here's the link to the form, which is in a non-public folder of our website just for evaluation purposes: www.cca4me.org/membership/new_member_app.pdf .  I need to link each of the items on the "Local Association" drop-down list to a particular dues amount, which I want to have automatically display in the "Membership Dues" table. That way, if someone chooses "Sierra" as their local association, a pre-dtermined figure will appear in the "LEA Dues" section of the Membership Dues table.

To complicate matters even more, a different amount would be shown, depending upon whether the person checks "Full-time" or "Part-time/Hourly" under "Membership Category."  Thus, someone who teaches part-time at Sierra would pay different dues than someone teaching full-time at Sierra, which would be different than someone teaching full-time at Gavilan.

Yikes! Is any of that possible to do?? If so, would appreciate the answer in as simple words as possible, since I'm not terribly well-versed in the ins and outs of Adobe code.   Thanks so much!

1 Reply

Former Community Member

The attached should get you going. The form accomplishes your objectives to the best of my knowledge. Once a location is selected from the drop-down list AND you have selected full-time or part-time, the membership dues will be populated in the table. The results look like this.

membership-fees.PNG

You can toggle between full-time and part-time and the NEA, CTA, and LEA dues will change accordingly. These fields are protected so a user cannot change the dues. The NEA fund, FACT, and MLK/CC fields are user entered optional. Additionally, the form calculates the annual total.

When you change the location, the full-time or part-time value is reset and the NEA, CTA, and LEA dues are set to null. This forces the re-selection of full-time or part-time, which will then re-populate the table with the applicable values.

I changed the form to contain 5 locations for demonstration purposes. The dues associated with the 5 locations are stored in the script object called 'association_dues'.

Steve