Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Auto-populating a Second Form

Level 4

Greetings, all.

The trials and tribulations of being a novice.  I know less than I require for a task.

------

I have two forms  -  Form A & Form B.

When I enter name = Joe and phone = 111-2222 in Form A,  I'd like the name and phone number fields on Form B to auto-populate with name = Joe and phone = 111-2222.

Help, pleeeeease!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That would only be appropriate if both forms were open at the same time under the same container.

Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Former Community Member

If you have two forms then you will need to export the data out of one form and into the other. Are both these forms based off of the same schema? If they are then you can simply bind the fields to the nodes in the schema for each form. Then when you export the data from the 1st form it will be in the schema format and when you import into form 2 then it will bind correctly.

Paul

Level 4

Hmmm.  Makes sense.  I appreciate it.

But is this the ONLY way?  For instance, is it possible to script the fields so that

formB.name = formA.name

formB.phone = formA.phone

Something like that.  Direct calls between the forms without an intermediate export/import procedure?  Thanks.

Iakov

Learning to be Great!

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That would only be appropriate if both forms were open at the same time under the same container.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----