Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Attaching files by clicking a button

Level 3

Hi,

• Is that possible to put a box and button which can add/remove/show the attached files as seen in the picture below.attachment.jpg
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

It is not that black and white. LC Designer is a part of the whole LiveCycle suite.

While you can develop a form in LC designer and use it (with most of the features) in Acrobat and Reader, it is expected that high-end features and processing of large volumes of data will be in an enterprise environment.

LC Reader Extensions is not cheap and in my opinion is intended for large organisations or government departments.

If you are like us, a small organisation, then you need to work within the restrictions.

Niall

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 3

Hi Niall,

Thanks for the answer but none of these samples attachment function working with Adobe Reader (9,10,x). If I open the file with Acrobat or Livecycle thats fine attachment buttn operating but when I open the file with Adobe Reader, attachment button not working. Note: (Document's Reader Extended PDF features has enabled). Then I thought time to open a new thread

Level 10

Hi,

You are coming up against an old chestnut. If you have applied the Reader rights using Acrobat, then the ability to attach files is not available.

options.png

More information here: http://assure.ly/etkFNU.

Niall

Level 3

Thanks very much that was a very clear answer As I understood I have to purchase "LiveCycle Reader Extensions" right? Which means licensed users have been punished!

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

It is not that black and white. LC Designer is a part of the whole LiveCycle suite.

While you can develop a form in LC designer and use it (with most of the features) in Acrobat and Reader, it is expected that high-end features and processing of large volumes of data will be in an enterprise environment.

LC Reader Extensions is not cheap and in my opinion is intended for large organisations or government departments.

If you are like us, a small organisation, then you need to work within the restrictions.

Niall

Level 3

Hi Niall,

Thanks very much I understand what you mean. But it does not change that ridicilous way of licensing, as we have purchased this product to do everything about pdf creation. Other thing is its very hard find! and see! the difference between adobe products, that looks like a trap anyway.

Kind regards