Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Assign Multiple Tasks

Former Community Member

I am using Flex to make my forms and am looking at the Assign Multiple Tasks activity to provide some concurrent task functionality.  A limitation I am running across is that the XML provided to each participant in the activity is identical.

I am simplifying my problem, but assume I have 5 participants in the UserList that I assign to the Assign Multiple Tasks activity.  Assume I pass the following XML to the Flex form.  I want each participant to manipulate 1 of the <Data /> elements.  Which one?

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

In ES1, because I created the concurrency mechanism myself, I was able to set special "information" in the XML that was passed into each task (Flex form).  Say, I added an <Index /> tag which was a number between 1-5.  If the Index was 3, I would manipulate the 3rd Data element.  Yes, I could of inserted user information under each <Data /> element to provide the link between the XML and the logged on user, but what happens when a task gets forwarded.  In ES1, when a task gets forwarded, you have no idea who forwarded it to you programmatically, thus breaking the link.

This appears to be fixed in ES2.  I always seem to know who the "original" owner was.  But, I'd prefer to keep the role based system if I could.  But that will require that I use some mechanism to associate a particular <Data /> element with the task.  Anyone have any brilliant ideas?

2 Replies

Former Community Member

I also created my own version of multiple tasks prior to ES2 and also used an index so that each user would update the appropriate data. I was curious about the new functionality, but was already skeptical it would support everything I did. Based on your post, I know there is another issue. My custom solution also has a custom render which pulls the latest 'master copy'. So if user A enters data and submits then User B opens his task a few seconds later, he will see As data. I am guessing the Assign Multiple Tasks does not do that. I am thinking it's not broke so I won't fix it. Trying to change will probably add more work for me.

You might consider going back to your custom work if it did the job.

Level 10

You are correct. The Assign Multiple Task service will give a copy of the data to each user. They won't see each other's data.

Jasmin