Expand my Community achievements bar.

Assign multiple dataconnections (based on xsd's) to 1 fragment

Level 2

Hello,

I am quite new to the livecycle suite so forgive me for any obvious naive questions...

For now my first job is to extend some functionality in a allready defined livecycle process and extensive amount of forms.

The forms are allready defined and split-up in sections using fragments offcourse.

For a number of fragments i need to fill the data based on some configuration file (xml) based on input.

What i want to do is extend 1 fragment to use 2 xsd dataconnections but when i want to add a dataconnection the only option is to use a WSDL.

This is not what i want.

Since the initial xsd is based on the input, and the second xsd is based on the configuration i need to keep them separately defined.

Probably i will need to redesign the primary xsd to import the second, which will impact current xsd definitions (allready a significant amount) alot...

Thanks for any ideas.

Marcel

2 Replies

Former Community Member

XFA forms only support a single XSD. That is why you do not get the option to import another one when you create the data connection. So you will have to combine them into one XSD if you want to use multiple definitions.

Paul

Level 2

Thanks Paul, i will combine the xsd's...