Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Apply Drop Down field selection to another field in document

Level 2

I am attempting to populate a field on page 2 with the selection of a drop-down field on page 1 of the linked dynamic XML pdf (http://www.screencast.com/t/NTRiZmQxNTE).

In "Subform2, the drop-down field is named, "subformOptions". Clicking on this field and opening "Change*" will show the instruction on the bottom that I have entered:

FISupplierGroup.rawValue = xfa.event.newText;

I was hoping that this instruction would populate the results of the drop-down selection in the field named, "FISupplierGroup" that resides in "Subform9" on page 2.

My results were unsuccessful.

Can anyone help me with the solution.

Thanks,

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

make it as "Subform9.FISupplierGroup.rawValue = xfa.event.newText;" this will work.

Without Subform9 that field is not accessible from inside of another subform.

RAGHU.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

hmm, my url link failed.

Adobe appears to have removed the capability to post attachments.  If anyone can help, I can send my PDF directly to you.

Thanks,

Eric

Level 6

"FISupplierGroup" alone on page1 may not be accessible. try with full path like page2.FISupplierGroup.. (if both are not on same page)

If possible u can send the pdf to raghu.nagireddy@gmail.com

RAGHU.

Correct answer by
Level 6

make it as "Subform9.FISupplierGroup.rawValue = xfa.event.newText;" this will work.

Without Subform9 that field is not accessible from inside of another subform.

RAGHU.

Level 2

Hi Raghu,

Adding subform9 to "FISupplierGroup.rawValue = xfa.event.newText;" corrected the issue.

Thank you for the quick solution!

Sincerely,

Eric