Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Any way to increase form entered fonts over 72pt?

Level 1

I need to create forms where someone can enter a code which will be entered/printed at 125-250 pt. Does this come down to the type of font? I've had no luck with Opentype or Truetypes, but in my research people claimed they could. If I enter a value over 72, it displays at the default 10 or so. Need a standard Sans Serif (univers, helvetica, microsoft sans, anything like that works, and I've tried all of those).

I've done a lot of searching for this answer, and I've seen other people saying they had problems with it, and all the given solutions were "Must be something wrong with your computer, try restarting or reinstalling"

Those answers aren't doing it for us.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If you save the form as a dynamic PDF it will work. If I put a default value then it displays correctly in Designer so to me it is a bug that Acrobat/Reader will not display in a static PDF correctly.

Paul

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Former Community Member

You can change the XML source. If I add a text object to a form the default font node generated includes the default typeface and baselineShift. The font node will be as follows:

<font typeface="Myriad Pro" baselineShift="0pt"/>

If you change the font size through the UI to any other size it will add the size attribute. For example, if I change the font size to 11 the font node will be as follows:

<font typeface="Myriad Pro" baselineShift="0pt" size="11pt"/>

Alter the size attribute accordingly.

Steve

Former Community Member

Just tried it here and it works fine .....you waould have to enter the font size in the Font palette. The font dropdown only goes to 72. In

the Font palette you can overwrite the selected value.

Paul

Level 1

whether I manually change it to a higher number in the XML and save it, or do it through the Palette, it only displays as font size 10. If I manually type in 72 though, it works both ways. Could this be a software version issue or a specific issue with my computer? (as it was with this other persons?)

There was a similar question asked once before with no resolution.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2969432#2969432

I can display the other one that someone had pasted  (to 150), I just can't create them.

I have version 8.2.1.3144.1.471865  - any other ideas?

Thanks!

Former Community Member

I was the one who posted and I do not understand this issue ...I am able to change the font to whatever I want without issue. I am changing it on the font palette. Are you doing the same?

Paul

Level 1

On the font palette, I can type in 72, and it displays as 72. If I type in 125, it  displays as 10. If I enter 100, 150, or anything else above 72, it displays as "10".

I am accessing the font palette by right click numeric field or text field -> palettes -> Font , then under font size, instead of dropping down the box, typing in the number directly (say- 125 for example)- then saving.

In a saved form, AND in the "preview PDF", it displays as size 10.

If I manually type "72" it works fine. Same thing within the XML Source- If I manually change it to "125" and save the changes, both the preview PDF form and the saved PDF file both display size 10. If I type in 125 in the palettes field, then check the XML source, it changes the font size to 125pt, but still displays it in both the preview window and my adobe reader 9 as size 10.

Heres the XML source: <font size="125pt" typeface="Myriad Pro"/> , but it displays as text size = 10.

(If I change the caption font and the input font sizes, the caption DOES display at 125, but the form entered size defaults to 10)

Heres a test document I made : www.paranoidproductiondesigns.com/docs/Numeric%20Test.pdf  -On my computer, the caption is size 125 but the entered text is 10. If you check the XML, it does "instruct" that it should be 125. Please someone else check it though- maybe its just a problem with "reader". Does the "preview" function inside livecycle use your computer installed "reader"?

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If you save the form as a dynamic PDF it will work. If I put a default value then it displays correctly in Designer so to me it is a bug that Acrobat/Reader will not display in a static PDF correctly.

Paul

Level 1

Paul,

Thank you for finding a solution for me! I will go on to save it and use it as a Dynamic form.

I really appreciate your help and assistance, and wish you only the best.

Thanks so much!

Level 1

How do you save as a Dynamic form?  I go to save as and it only lets me save as static form.  I am having the same issue on the font size not going over 72pt, even after I did all of these steps.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----