Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Another Newbie.."This Operation is not Permitted"?

Level 1

Hi Everybody - I hope someone can help.  I've created a form in Acrobat Livecycle and when I go to preview it in .PDF I get the (informational) error message "This Operation is not Permitted".  I press the "ok" button and things go on as normal.  I cannot have this error message appearing all the time, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what "Operation" Adobe is  talking about!  Where can I look for the detail behind the informational error message?

I'll be happy to send the document to anyone who may be able to help me

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Change your button to a "Regular" button.  In the button's Object panel set the Control Type to Submit (on the Field tab) then (on the Submit tab) set the Submit As to PDF and the Submit to URL to the email address:

mailto:joanne.berry@caymanchamber.ky?subject=Leadership Cayman Application Submission

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Please post the form as it is necessary to properly troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks

Steve

Former Community Member

The document you posted has been "Reader Extended" using Acrobat Pro 8.x, but this functionality has been broken du to some modifications made to the form after the reader extensions permissions were applied (see attached screen shot). I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this is the cause of the "Operation not permitted..." message.

The application of Reader Extension permissions must occur last.

Hope this helps

Steve

Level 1

I have no idea what the error was, so I recreated the form, and now when I submit the data it is coming out in .xml and I need it to come out in a .pdf database like it was doing before

I am pulling my hair out!!!!!!

Correct answer by
Level 8

Change your button to a "Regular" button.  In the button's Object panel set the Control Type to Submit (on the Field tab) then (on the Submit tab) set the Submit As to PDF and the Submit to URL to the email address:

mailto:joanne.berry@caymanchamber.ky?subject=Leadership Cayman Application Submission

Level 1

Thank You all for your (much needed) help!!!  I appreciate it...