Expand my Community achievements bar.

Allow Custom Text Entry Drop Down List

Level 3

Hi:

QUESTION 1:

I have a table that I dynamically add rows too.  On the initial row my drop down list allows for custom text, as well as allows you to select from the list already there.  If you select from item already there and you had entered text previously, you will see the custom text in the list as well.  However, you create a row dynamically and enter new text it does not show in  the list.  my question is can you set that property for the newly created rows/fields so that it will keep the newly typed data?

QUESTION 2:

Also, is their a property that will automatically sort the drop down list everytime is pulled down so the list  is always alphabetize?

Thanks

2 Replies

Level 3

No one ran into these issues and has the solution??????

QUESTION 1:

I have a table that I dynamically add rows too.  On the initial row my drop down list allows for custom text, as well as allows you to select from the list already there.  If you select from item already there and you had entered text previously, you will see the custom text in the list as well.  However, you create a row dynamically and enter new text it does not show in  the list.  my question is can you set that property for the newly created rows/fields so that it will keep the newly typed data?

QUESTION 2:

Also, is their a property that will automatically sort the drop down list everytime is pulled down so the list  is always alphabetize?

Level 10

Hi,

It can be done, but it involves some tricky scripting. If you are up for that, then Steve Walker's examples are the best for this type of thing.

Here are some:

Drop-down list automatic add-on

Populate a list with previously gathered data

Javascript to check for duplicate entries in 2 pull-down lists

The issue with the dropdown in a repeating row, is that each new instance of the row will include the dropdown in its original state. It will not have items that were previously added. So you will have to script to look at the previous dropdown and add the new items. There is a risk of duplication here.

There may be more examples on the forums, but the ones above should get you started.

Good luck,

Niall

Assure Dynamics