Expand my Community achievements bar.

Align Text Field Middle Not Working!!!!

Level 2

I have a text field in my document and I am trying to use align middle (so that text entered gets aligned vertically in the middle). It is not working. No matter which align I choose the text always starts at the top. I tried creating another text field and the same thing. I figure there must be a setting somewhere I'm missing. Please help! Thanks.

9 Replies

Level 7

Can you post your form somewhere or email it to me at allendavid@co.kane.il.us? It would be much easier to help if I could see the form.

Level 2

Thanks for the offer. Unfortunatly the form is confidential so I cannot post it. Does anyone have any ideas anyways?

Level 7

Try clicking on the field and then check the layout tab. If there are any numbers in the Margins section, delete them. Then check the Paragraph tab under Spacing. If there are any numbers in the Above or Below sections, delete them as well. Does that help?

Level 2

I tried but no luck. It is very strange. I even imported a fragment that work with align middle in another document, and once it is imported to this document, even though it says align middle, on the actual pdf it does align top!!!!! Any ideas?

Level 7

Ok, click on the field again and go into XML view. You should see, under the description of the field, something similar to this:

<para vAlign="middle" hAlign="center"/>

Is the vAlign parameter indeed set to "middle"?

Former Community Member

If you cut and paste that field into another blank for do you see the same issue?

Paul

Level 2

Hi, Thanks to all who are trying to help!

Trying to view XML seems to freeze my computer. Probably because its a complex file. I'll let you know if I have any luck.

When I copied the field to another form it works fine!!!!!!! How can I fix this form?

Thanks.

Former Community Member

So now we know that the issue is localized to your form .....without seeing it this will be impossible. Can you strip out the confidential bits and send the rest? If so you can send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will be the only one to see it.

Paul

Level 2

Okay, I stripped everything out of the file besides that field and it still has the problem. Also, in the XML it says valign=middle. I'm sending the file to both of you. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks!