Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Alert message - Please Note : you cannot save a completed copy of this form on your computer.

Former Community Member

Hi All,

I am using PDF form in my Java appliucation. Whenever, i open the pdf in the my iframe java,

i receive the alert message : Cannot Save Form Information.

I not giving any document right for the form. As later when the user submit the form through the

the java application, it will process the form and will generate a dynamic pdf form for the user reference

with all the submitted data.

As the form is not have the data type saving enable, the alert keep on prompting

whever the my users open the form. They said this message confusing them.

So, there is any way to me to block this alert from the XDP or Java????

Alert messages1.JPG

4 Replies

Level 10

You must apply Usage Right (basic form fill-in) to block this alert.

Nith

Former Community Member

Thanks for the reply.

As this pdf form load within the java/HTML iframe and the data processing depend on the Java program , so i am not give any write in right or Save Data type permission to the form. Pls suggest how can i avoid this message...

This alert message only occur to my 5 in 200 users who involve in my feetback system.

is this is the adober reader issue?

I am using adobe reader ver 9. and i am not come cross this message in my PC.

is there any way for me avoid this message programatically in XDP or in adobe reader property?

pls assist.

Level 10

You can not write code to avoid this message.. It all depends on how are you displaying the PDF for the users..

If your PDF is a static PDF and could be accesses via a link on your website, then you need to follow Nith's suggesstion.

If you are rendering your form with Workbench then you need to use ReaderExtensions Service to apply the rights.

If you are rendering your form with Workbench then you also have an option to flatten the PDF with PDF Output service in which case the message will not be displayed.

Hope this gives an idea..

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

ption to flatten the PDF with PDF Output service in which case the message will not be displayed.

Thanks for the reply , srini.

how can i flatten the PDF with PDF output  service to avoid that message?