Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

AFCS for low bandwidth connections

Level 1

Hi,

I’m currently playing with this service and there is something I don’t quite understand,

I’m working with audio and a webcam on 2 computers, I’m trying to downgrade my upload speed by changing the parameters of my webcam publisher (resolutionFactor, fps, quality) and it seems that the those parameters have no effect on my upload bandwidth, the video seems fine, only if I change my bandwidth setting in the room console to "modem" I see improvement in the upload am I doing something wrong? and what parameters do I need to use in a sollution of low bandwidth?

Thanks.
3 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi,

Normally flash allows you to set a bandwidth cap and quality values of the outgoing video feed.

Refer to setQuality API in flash.media.Camera component.

We provide some default values for LAN, DSL and Modem to be used in bandwidth cap. The exact values for these you can find in RoomManager's initializeModel function.

Now, if you want to have a specific quality and set a video cap manually,

a) override the onBwActualChange function in webcamPublisher. This function calls the _camera.setQuality API. You can specify your own bandwidth manually.

b) you may need to also decrease resolutionFactor as we have seen a higher resolutionFactor ignores the bandwidth settings sometime.

We will think of adding an API for manually setting bandwidth for video feed in future other than these default values so that you don't need to override the function.

Hope this helps. Let me know any further query on this.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

As an added note, you can also do webcamPub.camera.setQuality(yourbandwidth, your quality) in case you don't want to override. This you can add once you have started publishing your camera.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

Thanks!

exactly the answer i needed.