Expand my Community achievements bar.

Advice for a newbie please: form for a copy centre

Level 1

I work in a copy centre, currently we work in a very manual manner. I would like to  create an online form where people can submit copy requests. It would just have simple info like paper size, number of copies etc if it were a print job they could attach a file etc. I was just wondering if Adobe and LiveCycle are the best tools for this. Not sure if it is possible but it would be ideal if instructions can be submitted to us via email and also entered into a database like an excel spreadsheet it would be amazing. I've only just started using LiveCycle and researching around to find the best solution. Is this a pipe dream? Should I pursue other avenues or persevere? Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Yes it is possible but just to note that Excel is not a Database ...you can make it look like one but I woudl not recommend using it as a database (can you use Access instead or some other DB)?

Paul

Level 1

Thanks very much Paul. I've have completed further investigation, I think I will try and get the form submited as html so that just the entered intructions are received, and as far as a "database" goes, what I really should have said was a record, we don't need a database of the jobs just a record - a simple table of information entered in the form. Thanks for your suggestion about Access though, Access would handle and perform what we want a little better - would be great to have a job queue where we can mark jobs complete and enter meter readings etc....Access would be better at this than excel......I'm a novice Access user too, looks like I have some more research to do.