Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adding two Dates to number of days

Former Community Member

Hello,

I'm designing a page which will calculate a start calendar date with a ending calendar date and give me the total number of DAYS between them.

I've tried numerous formcalc and javascript pages but can not find the solution. I bet this is simple and would appreciate the help.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

You can use this script Date2Num(to.rawValue, "YYYY-MM-DD") - Date2Num(from.rawValue, "YYYY-MM-DD")

Example attached.

BR

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

You can use this script Date2Num(to.rawValue, "YYYY-MM-DD") - Date2Num(from.rawValue, "YYYY-MM-DD")

Example attached.

BR

Former Community Member

You gave me great advise. I was wondering if I could ask for more assistance.

I work for a government department and I'm trying to create a sentence length Date and Fine Calculator.

I have a starting date (pop down calendar) and wish to add total days to serve (which is a number "20, 30, etc."

For the answer I created a (date/time field) I attempted several ways using the advise you gave but was unsuccessful.

I also need to convert the dates to 2 for 1 and 3 for 1. All answered with calender dates.

I also need to add the total days to serve with number of days after converting fines to days.

I know this is confusing and i will attach the pdf file to this email.

I know this is a bother but my IT department has no clue with livecycle.

Just asking and would gratefully appreciate the help.

Sgt. Donald Graham

Midland County Sheriff's Office

Level 6

Hi,

Actually i can't understand what do you need )

"Add startdate to total days to serve" - What does it means? You have f.e. 23.01.2009 you want to add 3 days and get 26.01.2009?

"also need to convert time to 2 for 1 and 3 for 1" - ?

Paul Butenko