Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Adding a column of numbers in a form

Level 1

Hello.  I hope I'm in the right spot.

I have a form I created in Adobe Writer 8.1.  I am using LiveCycle Designer to edit it.  There is one column in the form where I would like to have the total add at the bottom, but I can't figure out at all how to get it to work.  Can anyone help?

Thanks!

7 Replies

Level 8

If you look under where you installed Designer in \EN\Samples\Forms\Purchase Order you find a sample that does what you want

Level 1

Yes I see it.  But where do I see how it got it to do that?  I'm assuming there is a formula, but I don't know where to enter it or what to enter?

Level 6

formCalc in the grand total box:

Sum(amount[*])

Assuming you have named each of the totals in the column (amount)

Employee

There is a script editor in Designer, if it is not there please click on Window>Script Editor. you can write your script there on Calculate Event.

Level 1

I finally got it to work!  Thanks so much to all of you. 

One follow up question.  I noticed that the column only seems to total when you click in the total box.  Is there a way for it to total as you go?  Kind of create a running total?

Employee

i think you have written the script on click event of Total Box. You need to write the script on calculate event. It would make the total box read only and calculation would happen at run time.

Level 1

That was it!  Thanks for your help!