Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Action Builder in ES2

Level 2

I have been working with the new Action Builder in ES2 for the first time today.  I see that you have the ability to either "enable or disable an object".   I think this is a useful feature but I would like to know a couple of things about it.  First, can you select more than 1 object at a time.  It seems that you have to setup each object individually.  I have half a page worth of objects I would like to disable if a certain radio button is selected.  I tried wrapping the whole section as a subform but it does not work.  Any suggestions or do I have to setup one for each object?  If that is the case, may I suggest that it gets improved in the future to allow multiple objects?

Second, it would be nice for the objects to "grey out" when disabled so that it is clear that they are disabled.  Is this possible?

3 Replies

Former Community Member

You can only select one object at a time but you can wrap all of the objects you want in a subform then point to the subform object to disable it and all of its children will be disabled as well. The greying out is a good idea and has already been entered as an enhancement.

Paul

Level 2

When I wrap the items I wanted disabled in a subform and select that as my object, it does not disable any of the fields.

Here is what my action builder looks like:

Condition

When radio button "FullRedemption" is clicked

Result

Set the state of "RedemptionSubform" to disabled

When I go to preview pdf and select the Full Redemption radio button, I can still go down to all the items in my subform and complete them like normal.  It is as if nothing has been programmed.  Am I doing something incorrect?

Former Community Member

Looks like you found a bug. When I tried it I was using a button click as the event and it locked all fields inthe subform. I tried it with a radioButton as you did and it woudl not lock the subform but if I did individual fields then it worked for that one field. It should work for the subform as well.

Paul