Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

AcroRd32 unable to locate component

Level 1

After updating AcroRd32 (v. 9.3.3.177) the program fails to start because lsapiw32.dll was not found.  I have been using this installation for a long time and have not experienced problems until I allowed the recent update requested by Adobe.  I did a "repair installation" and checked for additional updates but the problem persists.  Will uninstall/reinstall help?

Any advice will be appreciated. 

3 Replies

Level 1

I uninstalled adobe reader.  Now attempts to download adobe reader fail because of a problem with the adobe website.  What is going on with adobe?  I gave up and installed Foxit Reader.

Level 1

Others have found that the problem stems from the TerraGo plugin.  TerraGo supposedly has an update to fix that (though it leaves another problem with deleting pages within Acrobat).  See the discussion at: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2942744#2942744  .

Level 1

Thanks,

I uninstalled the TerraGo tool bar and reinstalled adobe reader 9.3.3. I used Firefox to download reader because Win Explorer would not allow the Adobe web site.

Seems to work OK now. Thanks for the help.

TR Smith