Expand my Community achievements bar.

A4 form with non printing tabes, possibe?

Former Community Member

Need to produce layout for generating text blox that can be edited by end user.

But limmit where on a sheet they can ...

Thought I could do that with two tables, but dont seem to get them "unvisible with visible text.

would also like to limmit Font and size, so the ovaral layout would be constant.

All toughts and comments most welcome.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

I am not completely sure I understand what you are trying to achieve... but if you want to "hide" the borders of the table object, you can do this by selecting the table object in the hierarcy pane (left side of screen), then from the "Border" palette, set the "edges" to None.  You will also need to set the "edges" to None for each of the text objects (or cells) of the table as well.

By default a table object is made up of static text objects, if you want an end user to fill the table in you need to make sure the cells are "Text Field" objects (you do this by dragging "Text Field" objects into each of the cells.  You can set the font properties (typeface, point size etc...) on the "Text Field" using the Font palette.

Regards

Steve

Level 10

Hi,

In addition to Steve's points, you should have a look at the warnings tab:

The way you have set the "visible (screen only)" in the Master Page seems to be throwing an error.

I would go back to a simplier Master Page and have the tables themselves set to "visible (screen only)" and "visible (print only)".

Once you have dragged in the textFields into the table, keep the field format set to "plain text only", this will prevent the user from changing the font at runtime.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

A useful techique for controlling user data entry is to separate data entry from data display.

In your case, the user could enter data into fields outside of the table. Code on the exit event of the fields would copy the data to fields within the table. This approach gives you further control over how the data is displayed.

For instance, by using floating fields with font configurations, three data entry fields for name, age and occupation could be injected into static text, multiple times throughout the table in the format 'name, age - occupation'

Ben Walsh

www.avoka.com

Former Community Member

Thanks, I see I ned to spend way more time on this ...

Way to ambitious for a 2hr turnaroun for a form newbie