Expand my Community achievements bar.

A way to clear digital signatures with presence = "hidden"

Level 3

LCD 9, Dynamic forms using digital signatures, Reader 9x

I discovered this by accident, so wondering if this is a design feature or a bug.

I have a dynamic form and have sub-forms throughout it.  I create a flowed subform for my digital signature that has fields to collect information and then place a fixed subform inside that that actually contains the signature field.

Page1 (flowed)
- SignatureBlocks (subform - flowed)
                - Field1 (textfield)
                - Field2 (textfield)
                -InitSig (subform - flowed)
                                -Field3 (textfield)
                                -Field 4(textfield)
                                                -FixedSub (subform - fixed)
                                                                -DigitalSig (signature field)
                -ReviseSect1 (checkbox)
                -CALCchkRevise (checkbox – calculated read only)

DigitalSig locks down various fields in the form.

My problem has always been that when the form goes to the next person for review there was no option to push the form back a state and allow the prior user to change info that was locked by DigitalSig.  Until I discovered this:

If I place a checkbox (ReviseSect1) outside of “InitSig” subform and then run a calculation checkbox (CALCchkRevise) that sets the PRESENCE to “hidden” for InitSig if ReviseSect1 == 1, then toggle ReviseSect1 back to 0 my digital signature is cleared and thus all fields that were locked are now un-locked!

CAR-1601-FM01.Section1.SignatureBlocks.CALCchkRevise::calculate - (JavaScript, client)

if(ReviseSect1.rawValue == 1)

{

SignatureBlocks.InitSig.presence = "hidden";

}

else

{

SignatureBlocks.InitSig.presence = "visible";

}

Is this a design feature or a bug?  I like it as I now can have a reviewer toggle the ReviseSect1 checkbox which erases the digital signature and thus opens all those locked fields back up for editing.  Before I push this throughout my form (which has many signatures and review cycles) I want to be sure this is not a fluke that will go away when Adobe pushes its 1,037th update for the week for Reader.  If you hide a subform that contains a digital signature then un-hide it is it the design feature of hidden/visible to clear the signature?  Or is this a bug that will be patched?

1 Reply

Level 3

A better way is to set two codes on the ReviseSect1 checkbox.  CLICK sets the subform invisible and also sets the value of the checkbox to 0 (so that the user does not come back to un-click it and wipe out the signature again).  Then put a MOUSE EXIT code that sets the subform to visible.  In that way the user clicks the box and the signature subform hides, erasing the signature and un-locking the fields.  As soon as they mouse out of the checkbox the subform with the signature becomes visible again.  Nice.