Expand my Community achievements bar.

2 things...need to populate text field from drop down list and also hide a subform

Level 1

I have looked at the site and can get the population of the text field, but I also need to hide a portion of the form is a certain selection is made.

For example, I have a form that has a drop down list that allows the user to select a sport.  Using that data, I populate 2 text fields on 2 different pages to distrubute the name of the sport.  The 2 text fields are Sport1 and Sport2.

This information is in the change function of the ddlist.

Sport1.rawValue = xfa.event.newText;

Page2.Sport2.rawValue = xfa.event.newText;

If the user selects option 2 in the drop down list, I would like to hide a portion of the form, "Division."  I have tried many different things such as putting the follwing in the change and exit scripts of the ddlist.

var selsport = this.boundItem(xfa.event.newText);

switch (selsport)
{
  case "2": // hide division
    division.presence="invisible";
    break;

default: // unknown value -- do nothing
    break;
}

Any help will be appreciated.  I can post a condensed file that I am currently working on if that helps, but I don't see where I can add it.

3 Replies

Level 10

Place it in the exit event of the ddlist.

I am assuming the value of the 2nd option in the dropdown is "2". If not, better place a messagebox and see what value is being passed..

xfa.host.messageBox(""+ this.rawValue);

var selsport = this.rawValue;

switch (selsport)
{
  case "2": // hide division
    division.presence="invisible";
    break;

default: // unknown value -- do nothing
    break;
}

If you still have issues, send the file to LiveCycle9@gmail.com, so I can have a look at it.

Thanks

Srini

Level 10

Joshua,

In the exit event of the dropdown, you have used "*" on either side of the rawValue..You need to remove this for your code to work.

var selsport = this.rawValue;

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Srini --

Thank you so much for this.  I guess I didn't notice what you told me earlier.  Thank you for your patience.