Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

2 Functions on a button. Make pages 2&3Visible and submit via-e-mail.

Level 2

Hi, I actually got this going but I want the form to make the other 2 pages visbile and submit by email. I have this under the Button:

page2.presence

= "visible";

page3.presence

= "visible";

var

vEmail = "lucy.green@umassmed.edu";

var

vSubject = "RISS";

var

vBody = "Please find the attached Request for Information Services Support Form."

event.target.submitForm({cURL

:"mailto: "+ vEmail +"?subject=" + vSubject +"&body=" + vBody,cSubmitAs:"PDF",cCharset:"utf-8"});

all together it will not open the other two pages, but will submit via e-mail .. If I take the submit stuff out of there and just leave :

page2.presence

= "visible";

page3.presence

= "visible";

When clicked it populats the page. How can I get these two things to work together. first unhide the pages, then submit by e-mail. Please help its bee na long day. :-)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Try putting a small bit of distance between the two sets.

Please the presence script in the mouseUp event and leave only the email script in the click event.

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Try putting a small bit of distance between the two sets.

Please the presence script in the mouseUp event and leave only the email script in the click event.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 2

Hi, Thanks for your reply, I still can't get it to work. Now I can get it to populate the pages before it submits but when submitted the pages are hidden again to the person receiving it. Can I upload the Form and have you look at it? I've tried it so many ways, I can get it to work, but its not sending it with pages 2 &3 like I need. :-(

Level 10

Hi,

One last thing to check. In the File > Form Properties > Defaults tab, what's selected for 'preserve script changes'? Automatic or Manual?

You want Automatic, so that the changes to the presence made by the script will be saved.

You can upload the form to a file sharing site like Acrobat.com and then share the published link here.

Niall

Level 2

You are the Bomb!!!!! :-) Thanks millions, I actually had to change it to auto like you suggested and select the default language as javascript. Everything working perfectly. Thanks again.