Expand my Community achievements bar.

xml using xslt

Former Community Member
If this is answered here, please direct me to the correct thread.

Is it possible, and how...

I have created a form where the xml is emailed. From there I would like to use a seperate xslt/xsl with the newly created xml. I have created the xsl in Dreamweaver 8 and it works fine, however, I have to add one line at the top of the xml file in order for it to use a specific xslt/xsl.

example:

Is there a way for this code to be automatically inserted when the data is exported for email? In other words, is there a way for the client to export the data with the ability to use it with a specific xsl file without any extra work from the client to to the third party the email is going to?
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Even though no one replied, I figured out how to do it with some javascript. Now I can build a form, have someone fill it out, email the form, and have someone on the recieving end of the email compile the data into the form without having to have Acrobat pro...

Former Community Member
Joel_Satterfield@adobeforums.com wrote:

> Even though no one replied, I figured out how to do it with some javascript. Now I can build a form, have someone fill it out, email the form, and have someone on the recieving end of the email compile the data into the form without having to have Acrobat pro...

Thanks for the update Joel!

Would you mind posting the code for future reference?

Former Community Member
I am also having similar problems trying to add a stylesheet into my form. I can manually add the line of code into the output xml file, but this is very time consuming.

I have tried using a data connection to add a xslt into the form but without success Instead the output xml file has its root name changed from 'SBD' (original form name) to 'html'. The xml data is then output in html and not xml?

Joel, would it be possible to have the code that you used as it would really help?