Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workbench Process Design/Development

Former Community Member
Hi folks

Adobe LiveCycle ES Workbench

Appreciate advice on how a user can add comments dynamically to a route so that when the next person in the route receives the notification it contains the added comments from the person initiating the route/task.

TIA

Peter
3 Replies

Level 10
Peter,

What do you exactly mean by a comment. Do you mean adding a comment on a PDF and make sure the next person sees it.

Or do you mean adding a comment in the notes section from Workspace. It might be just terminology, but I want to understand a bit more what you mean by adding a comment to a route.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Jasmin

Thanks for taking an interest in my question. Primarily I would like for a comment to be added dynamically to the workspace. I can include a generic comment on the route but what I would like to be able to do is have the current task owner send a message to the next person on the route. For example....the current owner of the task might want to reject a document and return it to the previous task owner with a comment like "requires more information" and this would be included in the e-mail notification as well as the task in the workspace.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks again

Peter

Level 10
You can probably use the Notes section from Workspace, but what about if you add your message to the task instruction. The instruction is shown on the card or the grid view in Workspace and is a nice place to put information for the next user.

On the route, that goes back to the originator, you can add a SetValue that populates a string variable that contains the instruction message and use that variable for the instruction property on the User step.

Let me know what you think.

Jasmin