Expand my Community achievements bar.

Word cannot be found on the machine

Former Community Member
I am getting this strange error when I try to import a Word file into LiveCycle Designer CS: Word (XP or higher) cannot be found on the machine. I am running LiveCycle Designer CS on a Dell Inspiron with Windows Vista (yuck) and Office 2007. Has anyone else gotten this message? Is there a known solution? BTW I do have Word installed, and I can open the file I'm trying to import in Word.
7 Replies

Former Community Member
The version of Designer that you have does not support Office 2007. The next release of the product will support Office 2007.

Level 1

I have Office 2010 on a Windows 7 computer. I am trying to import a Word document into Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2. I still get the " Word (XP or higher) cannot be found on the machine" error.

Is there any work-around for this? Any solutions?

Former Community Member
That explains it - thanks! I am able to create a PDF file from the Word document and then create the form from the PDF file. It's an extra step, but it works.

Former Community Member
Does anyone know if the version of Life Cycle Designer that would come with Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended would support importing Word 97 documents/forms?

Former Community Member
So are you saying that I need to downgrade my Office 2007 back to Office 2003 if I have Adobe Professional/designer 8.0 version or upgrade my adobe Pro/designer to 9.0 and leave office 2007? I have tried to save my word docs as a 97/2003 version and it still doesn't work. Thanks for the help.