Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

what s/w to use?

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have developed a form using adobe livecycle designer,my requirement is i need that form to be accessed by all in the intranet and the end users should be able to fill the data online or offline and then submit back,so that i can capture the data and update to the database.what are the softwares i need to acheive this requirement,either livecycle forms or livecycle reader extension or both.Please help me about this i am very much confused.

Regards,

Sangeetha
6 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Sangeetha,

If you would like users to be able to save-off-line and submit outside of the browser (ie: from Reader and not from within the browser) then you will need to "Reader Extend" the form. This "extends" these capabilities to the Free Reader and does not require the end user to have Acrobat installed.

My first question would be how manyu people will be using these forms?

Former Community Member
Hi Lee,

This form will be accessed by more than 60,000 people.

wheather i need to purchase both the server products (i.e)reader extension to enable users to save the data offline and form server s/w to capture the data submitted by the user and update the database.help me about the choice of s/w to take.

thanks,

sangeetha

Former Community Member
Hi Sangeetha,

For the save off line and submission for this many people you will need to acquire an Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions license.

Now, although it is a "server" the PDFs that are enabled by Reader Extensions are stand-alone PDFs that don't need to communicate with the server. So once they are "ARESed" they are ready to be distributed to your audience.

This also means that ARES actually sites behind your corporate firewall.

In regards to capturing the data Adobe LiveCycle Forms will do a great job of this. And, keep in mind that you can also support a paper-based workflow by using Barcoded Forms.

Can you explain a little further what your form workflow will look like?

Former Community Member
Hi,

My form workflow is ,there will be a hyperlink when user clicks on the hyperlink, a PDF form has to be rendered with some data from the SAP, prepopulated on the form.The user can fill the data offline/online and submit back.When the user submits the data back,i have to extract the data from the PDF form and send the data to SAP for updation.This is my form workflow.

So You mean to say if the user wants to fill the data and save it on their local disk and submit whenever they need,we have to have reader extension for enabling the reader to fill offline.

Then to get the data from the submitted PDF form , to prepopulate the form while rendering we need Adobe form server.

So i will be needing both the s/w(reader extension,form server) to satisfy my requirement. Am i right?Please tell me wheather i will be needing both the s/w which i mentioned above to satisfy my requirement .

Thanks,

Sangeetha.

Former Community Member
Hi Sangeetha,

Yes, Adobe LiveCycle Forms will provide you with the rendering capability as well as the data capture capability (among many other things) and Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions will provide the save off-line capability as well as the submit outside of browser.

What you can do is contact your local Adobe rep and have the Sales Engineer demonstrate the functionality to you.

Former Community Member
Hi Lee,

thanks a lot,I got which s/w to use for the requirement.

Regards,

Sangeetha.