Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

Sign in to view all badges

Watched folder error - "Exception while getting principal from Directory manager"

23-10-2008

Hi! I've been having problems with a LiveCycle ES installation.

I've configured a watched folder that starts a process with an Office

Document, converts it to PDF and applies a Rights Management Policy.

It runs on behalf of an Active Directory user.

Sometimes it works flawlessly, but most of the time it fails, giving a

ridiculously long failure log with the longest trace stacks I've ever

seen in life... resumed:

=======================

ALC-DSC-600-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.scheduler.impl.SchedulerRuntimeException : Failure to invoke the job [watched_folder_endpoint_name]

Caused by: ALC-FEP-011-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.service.file.impl.FileProviderRuntimeException: Failed to get the context on behalf of user [username], domain [company_domain] for watch folder [watched_folder_endpoint_name]

Caused by: | [com.adobe.idp.um.api.impl.AuthenticationManagerImpl] errorCode:16386 errorCodeHEX:0x4002 message:Exception while getting principal from Directory manager| [IDPLoggedException] errorCode:12801 errorCodeHEX:0x3201 message:Exception while getting principal from Directory manager

chainedException:javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: null;

CausedByException is:

nullchainedExceptionMessage:null; CausedByException is:

null chainedException

trace:javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: null;

CausedByException is:

null

=======================

I vaguely suspect is the server's clock going out of sync with the domain controller's clock, but I tried everything I knew of about it with no consistent results.

It's LiveCycle 8.0.1 SP2 installed on a Windows 2003 Server.

Manual install, JBoss Clustered configuration (the second node is actually turned off for the time being)

SQL Server 2005 as backend Database

Users on Active Directory on a Windows 2003 Server -which is a "copy" of the main domain controller.

Watched folder is in a mounted share of another Windows 2003 Server acting as fileserver.

Any clue will be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

30-12-2008

Hello,

sorry in advance for my english. i am beginning in Adobe LiveCycle and i think that you can help me : i want to configure a watched folder to automatically convert in pdf file and apply a right management policy. Can you tell me how you configure it ? many thanks in advance. regards