Expand my Community achievements bar.

Validation / Reset Functions, easy to manipulate and to change Forms!!!!

Level 10

Hello everyone,

I've just opened this discussion free to everyone to discuss about any easy way to validate / reset form fields.

I'm providing a development tool to be used in LiveCycle Designer with a new way to validate and reset forms in any ways. You can change the design of PDF Forms without having to change much code.

The validation function is to validate any field which returns null / 0

It is independent / self-responsive to the design of any forms. I'm working on the function to make sure it can work with any kind of settings set in PDF forms.

The objects which contains the functions are not to modify (unless you know what to modify), you can add any specific validation to your form by adding field/subform names in the exception arrays.

All your specific validation is to be inserted in the validate buttons. It is also possible to validate only a part of the form, 1 page, 2 pages or a subform only.

Instructions to use the functions are in the PDF Form to download below, take a look, feedback and questions are always welcome as well.

TemplateDesign_Validation_Reset_Form.pdf - Google Drive

Hope this will help some of you.

Mag

21 Replies

Level 2

Just found this thread.  I had a question on resetting dynamic forms with repeating instance subforms and radzmar gave me a great generic function for resetting them if you want to add another aspect to this thread Reset Dynamic Form with multiple tables