Correct Answer

Magus069

MVP

Total Posts

Correct Answer

Magus069
MVP

07-06-2016

I've applied an update with minor changes...

Fixed an issue where a dialog could not be executed.

Added a date version, (Form's Last Update).

Fixed an issue with today's date populated automatically within the date field at the top of the form.

Highlighted

sivamaddy

sivamaddy

sivamaddy

23-06-2016

@Magus069

Did u place the pdf automatically without manual intervention.

Highlighted

Magus069

MVP

Total Posts

Correct Answer

Magus069

MVP

Total Posts

Correct Answer

Magus069
MVP

23-06-2016

I'm sorry, what exactly do you mean?

The updated version is provided in the links above, I only update the file on the cloud so I don't have to provide a new link each time.. if that's what you're asking?

Highlighted

sivamaddy

sivamaddy

sivamaddy

23-06-2016

Sorry for confusing.

I have a pdf file with submit button.

While clicking this buttion, it gives a popup and the user has to save the file in the relevant folder. Instead of this, can we write a code or using js, do we save the pdf into the predefined folder automatically with the name of login username along with date and timestamp.

Hope i have explained and not confused.

If you have some sample documents, pls share.

Highlighted

Magus069

MVP

Total Posts

Correct Answer

Magus069

MVP

Total Posts

Correct Answer

Magus069
MVP

23-06-2016

As I said in the other post, you need to create a trusted function within a (*.js) file to do this, otherwise Adobe's security won't let you predefined the name or path of the file.

Here is a thread in which they have discussed this matter and the complete solution is provided. Although it is not very convenient to do this because you will need to have the (*.js) file on each user's computer to have this trusted function working.

Save PDF File Name as Field Name in PDF

Highlighted

srbassett

srbassett

srbassett

15-03-2017

Hi Magus,

I am having the same problem as a few others as I am unable to download the pdf and/or save it to my Google Drive.

Can you email it to me? I am very much looking forward to getting your advice on the reset function.

Thanks!

Steve

srbassett7@gmail.com

Highlighted

srbassett

srbassett

srbassett

17-03-2017

Thanks for the email, Magus! Your example is very encouraging.

I am not fluent in javascript at all and won't have the time to become so. What I'm trying to do is edit an existing form that was created in LiveCycle Designer by someone else, and edited by me. I am trying to insert a reset button that resets all pages except page 2. Unfortunately, when the form was created, the pages were default named (untiltled Subform) (page1), and when I attempt to rename them, it messes up the scripts in the form. I have unsuccessfully tried a few things I have found online to exclude page 2 from the reset.

How would you go about writing script for that? Would I follow the same script format as your "Reset all but specific Fields" example, but insert "(untitled Subform) (page1)" instead?

Any help you can give a beginner is appreciated.

Best,

Steve

Highlighted

Magus069

MVP

Total Posts

Correct Answer

Magus069

MVP

Total Posts

Correct Answer

Magus069
MVP

17-03-2017

Hi there,

if you want to use the reset all but specific fields, your subforms and objects must have names...

Unfortunately the reset functions work based on names of objects..

By inserting names of objects in the Exception array "tabExceptionFields", it will iterates through the whole form and excludes the objects you have specified.

Otherwise, if you only want to exclude page 2 of the reset, you can use the function resetData and send only page 1 or any other pages to reset instead of reseting the whole form.

You can use resetData with the following :

As long as you are specifying the property somExpression of the subform you want to reset, you will reset that part and every fields inside of it only...

I hope this will help

Highlighted

srbassett

srbassett

srbassett

17-03-2017

How difficult is it to rename the pages after the form has been built? I

could do it if I knew how to do it while maintaining the integrity of the

document functionality. I don't mind tedious changes, but complicated may

be a deal-breaker.

Thanks and have a good weekend!

Steve

Highlighted

Magus069

MVP

Total Posts

Correct Answer

Magus069

MVP

Total Posts

Correct Answer

Magus069
MVP

20-03-2017

Hi Steve,

There's a way to do this, first make sure you know how your page is named in your code should be something like "#subform[0]" or "#subform[1]"... Make sure it is the only one with this name first, otherwise every different reference_syntax that uses this name might be changed if you don't do this right... that specific page should be called with the following :

make sure to change all these instances in your code for the new name you have entered for you page.

An easy way to do this is to use the functionality CTRL + H which can replace all instances of a specified string for another string, but I suggest you do them 1 by 1 using the CTRL + H.

You can see all the events if you click on the "TopMostSubform" and select the All Events in the drop down events.

Hope this will help you.

Don't forget to keep an old copy of you form!