Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using the app.setTimeOut Method

Former Community Member
Ok, I really need help here. Ive been trying to get the app.setTimeOut method to work to no avail. Ive tried accessing a script object that I have many functions in with no success. Then I just tried to place functions into the script where I editing thinking that maybe because the script object is part of the xfa form object I couldnt access them through the app object,(or I was just using the wrong syntax) so that maybe if I placed the functions onto the same script and called them from there via:

app.setTimeOut(myFunction(),3000);

No dice. Ive tried all kinds of arrangements in quotations, (single quotes, double quotes, no quotes, etc.) and nothing. What Im trying to do is have a web service perform a query and bring back a string from the database if an object is found, then Id like for Acrobat to wait for a prescribed time before checking if the database actually returned a string value, or if it did not and display a message indicating that either it did return something or it did not.

I know that the app.SetTimeOut can see the function call Im making, because when I wasnt using quotes around the function (in the setTimeOut method) It was immediately displaying the messages. But when I put quotes around it nothing happens. Can someone help me?

Mike
4 Replies

Former Community Member
You will have to path completely to the function. Something like this:

app.setTimeOut("xfa.form.form1.Page1.myScript.Test()", 1000);

Former Community Member
Ok I just tried that, but it still didn't work. I've also tried writing the function code, under and above, the app.setTimeOut method and have had no success. When I do this the function runs, but does so immediately, no timeout. Thanks for your help on this.

Mike

Former Community Member
It is probably a problem with the path to your function .....do you want to post it to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look.

Former Community Member
Ok I just sent some scripts. Let me know if you would like to take a look at the entire form.