Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using fragments as an alternative to copy/paste

Level 1

Not really a question, but I thought I would toss this out there in case it helps anyone else.

I have been working to implement a new feature on an audit form. I have learned to test on small, easy to piece together sample documents and once it's working, splice it back into the Big Form. 

Thing is, there appear to be certain situations where you can't just copy and paste pieces from one form to the other.  I tried creating a fragment from the pieces I wanted to copy, then inserted the fragment into the other document.  Because we don't have an Adobe server to automatically update fragments to end users, I then converted the newly-inserted fragment into embedded objects.  I was shocked to find that actually appears to be working!    ;-)

That little workaround looks like it will save me a ton of time.  If anyone has a better approach, please let me know - I'm self-taught and completely new to this.  I don't know what I don't know, ha ha!

2 Replies

Level 2

Just curious... RE: "there appears to be certain situations where you can't copy and paste pieces from one form to the other..." what situations are those? Have you also tried grouping items into subforms or groups, copying, pasting into destination form, then unwrapping the subform and/or un-grouping the group?

Level 1

Hello!  I will try to make note of them going forward, but if I remember correctly, I could not copy/paste a page and also a subform.  I'm sure it was operator error but dang, I sure tried!   ;-)

I have tried grouping items into subforms but then was unable to copy/paste the subform.