Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

users have no organization's definition

Former Community Member
User Dictionary doesn't exist organization definition. If I need to arrange participant according to the position of user in the organization.How can I deal with this situation?
7 Replies

Former Community Member
Either use external database or store some hierarchy value in the Custom1,2,3,4,5 field. Under Organization tab doesn't it list the Manager and direct reports?

Former Community Member
Thanks, Peter

If we use external database other than the Workflow Server Database,how can we use these users' information? Shall we add users stored in the external database to the User Directory? Thus these users can participate in processes.If so,how could we keep coherence between the users' information in the User Directory and external Database?

Former Community Member
Which user information are you trying to use? Do you have Active Directory?

Former Community Member
Thanks again.

I have no Active Directory.How to install it? I haven't found it.

Former Community Member
Can I use my users information that store in the external database?

Former Community Member
If you are only creating Workflow based users then I would think you have to have an external program that imports your external user database and creates it as Workflow user.

With Active Directory from Win2000/2003 WF will create the user automatically.

Your users are assigned separate ID/Password to log in to workflow right?

Level 9
Hi ZhangPing

There are several solutions to your problems.

1. Store all the informatin in an LDAP directory. LiveCycle automatically synchronizes with LDAP.

2. Store the infromation in any database. Write a UserManager SPI to link to your database.

3. Store part of the information in LDAP, and part in a custom database. Write a custom QPAC or use JDBC to extract those bits you need.

We have expertise with all 3 approaches. If you require assistance, please email info@avoka.com

Regards,

Howard

http://www.avoka.com